Friday, July 25, 2014

Mentos and Diet Coke Geyser

This is my favorite Steve Spangler Science Activity. Hogwarts Students get to mix up a batch for Potions this week.

Mentos and Diet Coke Geyser


Each year we try to change up the variables by doing it several different ways. Look at this awesome experiment!





One year we built volcanoes around the Diet Coke bottle and then exploded our volcanoes by dropping in the candy. I gave the students extra points if they dislodged the paper animals they had placed around the base of the volcano. I know. Kind of gruesome when you think about it but I do teach 10 year old boys!!


You could try a different number of mentos or different brands of soda. The possibilities are endless. I really would buy more than one bottle of soda and pack of candy. Creating this geyser is so much fun!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips