Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{DIY} Handprint Snowman Ornaments




When I first saw these ornaments I wondered if they were too juvenile for my 10 and 11 year old students. But I shouldn't have worried. They loved making them! They were so proud of the finished product. Honestly, I can't imagine doing this with kids any younger. I found a cute snowman poem that you could attach to the ornaments here.


But I altered it to fit with the personalities of my older students. They got a huge kick out of it.


Print out our version of the snowman poem here.


We started with large glass balls from Hobby Lobby.




Then they painted their hands white and cupped their hands around the balls. Then they used the eraser end of a pencil to add the snowflakes falling around the snowmen.


We let that dry. Then added our embellishments. We used sharpie markers for the eyes and mouths.


And paint for the noses and scarves.



I love how unique and individual they are.




I supervised 6 kids at a time working on this project and they did great! No paint mishaps. No dropped balls.



 I think this was the perfect age for a project like this. I hope their parents love them!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips