Monday, June 17, 2013

Yummy Chocolate Bran Muffins

By Deborah Pace Rowley

Chocolate Bran Muffins are a staple in my family's diet. I discovered them 10 years ago and make them almost weekly. They are yummy, delicious, and healthy and my kids gobble them up. But the main reason that I make them so often is that they help to keep my kids digestive systems functioning regularly (if you know what I mean!) If you are looking for an easy way to add some fiber into your family diet, you need to give these a try.

This recipe was originally a weight watcher's recipe that had only two points. (An added bonus!) You will love how simple and easy these muffins are to make with only 3 ingredients. I can even throw them together on a busy morning before we all head off to school.



You need:
Water
Baking Powder
All-Bran Original Cereal
and
Krusteaz Fat-Free Brownie Mix (any brand of Non-Fat or Fat-Free Brownie Mix will work. I have tried the low-fat mixes before and they have a slightly different texture that didn't work as well.)

In a bowl, mix 3 Cups of All-Bran Cereal with 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder. Pour 1 1/2 cups of water over the whole thing and let it soak for about 5 minutes.
After the All-Bran is finished soaking, add in the dry Fat-Free Brownie Mix. In the beginning it is really dry and you will wonder if you have done something wrong. Keep stirring and it will all get mixed in and moist eventually.

Then scoop the thick batter into muffin cups that you have sprayed with Cooking Spray. I have the regular size muffin tins and this makes 18 medium sized muffins. Bake at 375 for approximately 15 minutes.


That is all there is!
Serve with some milk and fruit and enjoy the long-lasting benefits!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips