Monday, February 4, 2013

Toddler Activities: 10 Simple Activities to Entertain Your Toddler

By Tiffany Rudd
As I was thinking about what toddler activity I wanted to post today and watching Anniston, I realized again that the best activities often don't require planning or even preparation, especially when it comes to toddlers.

This morning I draped a blanket between the corners of the couch and found an empty box for my girls to play with. The box became the car, the bed, and then the dinner table. They had snacks and lunch inside their "girl's only" fort and giggled an entertained themselves all morning.

Toddlers are more interested in the empty box than the toy that came in it, are just as entertained by random household items as they are expensive gifts and are enthralled by the simplest of things. It's just one of the many things that make toddlers so much fun. So, enjoy this phase with your toddler and try one of these simple activities today.

1. Build a Blanket Fort

2. Play With Empty Boxes
3. Dress Up
4. Blow Bubbles - I prefer to do this one outside.

5. Let Her Be a Kitchen Helper - Anniston loved to "cook" beside me, and especially loves pretending to use measuring cups and spoons, bowls and big wooden spoons.

6. Recite Nursery Rhymes

7. Fill The Sink Full of Bubbles
8. Have Some Marker Fun
9. Rip Some Magazines - When I am finished with a magazine I hand it off to Anniston to look through and rip to shreds. I worried at first that this would transfer to other books, but I've been very clear about telling her what she can and can't rip and so far it hasn't been a problem.

10. "Sort" The Laundry - This is definitely Anniston's favorite chore. I obviously have to do it again when she's finished, but she's cute so I don't mind. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips