Thursday, September 27, 2012

Parenting Tips: Carpe Diem with a Camera

By: Deborah Pace Rowley

Two of my favorite pictures of Natalie are the ones I have included in this post. In both of them she has just made a big mess: covered in lipstick and covered in flour. I am sure at the time I was frustrated. Now I look at these pictures and laugh and laugh. I think you can tell that this little girl was the cutest little imp ever.

I love how modern day Moms can blog, tweet, and instagram all the memorable and messy moments of their children's lives. I think the ability to document all of these activities, the good, the bad, and the ugly, does help us to seize the day. It gives us instant validation and support from an online community of other moms. But most importantly it helps us to chuckle rather than scream!

Even though it is a cliche, it is good to remember that we will laugh about these moments later. So why not laugh about them now? They make the best pictures in the scrapbooks of our minds.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. my only problem is that sometimes i forget to look up from the camera and just enjoy the moment. But I know I will enjoy looking back on the photos i do take.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips