Monday, August 20, 2012

Meal-Time Activities: Back-To-School Dinner Party {Back-To-School Week!}

By Tiffany Rudd

Welcome to BACK-TO-SCHOOL WEEK on the blog! I'm excited to share some of my favorite back-to-school ideas with you. 

In our area, tomorrow is the first day of school. Cameron will be starting 1st Grade and then in September Brooklyn will be a part of my preschool class. If you can't tell, they are thrilled! 
Last year I started a new family tradition of having a dinner party the night before school starts. I decorated with a festive table cloth and school supplies, we made brownies with fun school themed toothpicks, and our soon-to-be Kindergartener got to choose the meal. I told him I'd cook him any meal he wanted, so of course he chose McDonald's. :)
After dinner we sat together and read a collection of books about going back to school. It was a fun way to celebrate the new year and discuss any concerns he had about his first day. I'm excited to continue the tradition tonight. Luckily this time the kids chose homemade Macaroni & Cheese. 
My Favorite Back-To-School Books:
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
A Pocket Full of Kisses by Audrey Penn
Thanks You, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
Just The Way You Are by Marcus Pfister
The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
Smile A Lot by Nancy Carlson

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips